Thursday, January 27, 2011

My First Attempt at Chicken Enchiladas!

I made up some of the yummiest Chicken Enchiladas yesterday...it was especailly cool, since it was my first ever attempt at making them! Woohoo, me!

So, of course I used canned enchilada sauce and threw the can away with the directions on the back. Luckily they were so, super EASY that I have the recipe memorized because I altered it and made it my OWN! Yay, ME!

12 oz shredded chicken ( I think I used less - maybe 8oz)
1 can ranch style beans (semi mashed. the recipe called for refried beans, but I didn't have them in my pantry)
1 cup picante sauce
1 tsp dried oregano
Dash of pepper
Fresh cilantro chopped - 1TLBS -ish
1 can Gebhardt enchilada sauce
8+ corn tortillas
Approx 1.5 cups low fat colby jack or cheddar cheese

Mix the first 6 ingredients together. Put 2/3 cup of the mixture in each tortilla with approx 1 Tlbs of cheese. Wrap the tortillas and place seam down in a baking dish. *I had extra mix, so I simply put it on top of the wrapped tortillas. You can do that or simply use more than 8 tortillas*. Pour enchilada sauce on top along with remaining cheese. Bake @ 350 for 30 mins.

I served with about 2 tsp 0% greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), green onions, fresh cilantro, and a few cubes of avocado on top. This was a big hit! I'm not sure about the calorie count... not sure I want to know! You can use less cheese or use chicken breast to cut back on calorie count and make it even more healthy.

Now make this for dinner tomorrow night!! Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment