Saturday, December 4, 2010

Having a Ball in the Kitchen!

Friday was a BLAST! I was in the kitchen all alfternoon cooking and baking. Luckily the baby took a long nap, so I was able to tackle a lot!
I made Turkey Soup with our left over 20.83 lb Thanksgiving turkey. It is yummy! I’ll share my secret with you…add a can of rotel!  Rotel makes everything better!
Turkey Soup
Next I made some delicious cookies. I had to make a few alterations to the recipe and they were a hit! I shared some with my neighbors (Karl and Jo) and also with our friends the Guillens. Tomorrow my mom and sisters will be here to decorate the tree and I’ll share some with them over Mulled Cider – YUM! Originally the cookies were: McCormicks Coconut Cheery Oat Cookies with white chocolate chips. I didn’t have dried cherries or the white chocolate chips, but I did have craisins and regular chocolate chips, so I substituted those ingredients and they were fabulous! I should’ve added pecans that I shelled from our back yard. That would’ve made them even extra yummy! Make some yourself and see:)
2 cups flour
1 TLBS Cinnamon
1 tsp b.soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter (I used margarine)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups dried cherries (I used craisins)
1 cup coconut
1 cup oats
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1) Mix flour, cinnamon, b. soda and salk in medium bowl. Set aside
2) Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl with electic mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in cherries, coconut, oats and chocolate chops. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 1 1/2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
3) Bake in preheated 375 oven 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Oatmeal, Craisin, Coconut, Chocolate Chip Cookies
Alternate view of the dozens of yummy cookies!
Next up was Xia’s food ( I use wholesomebabyfood.com and “Baby Love” as my inspiration). I used some left over turkey, some peas, carrots, and sweet potato. I mix it with some applesauce and she eats it up!!
Xia's Holiday Food - turkey, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peas

No comments:

Post a Comment