Monday, December 20, 2010

Holiday Baking!

 My Kitchen Aid mixer (left) and I had a wonderful afternoon/evening in the kitchen yesterday! I baked and baked. I must say that it went by fast, though. I think I've become faster at all that I do because of our darling 10 month old! But that's not a bad thing:)

I made cookies and fudge - YUM!



I made some peanut butter cookies, first. They are Oscar's favorite and well, we were both craving a peanut butter cookie! The batter was pretty "soupy" so I added more flour, against my better judgment. They turned out good, but the extra flour toned down the sweetness and made them a tad less peanut buttery. All in all I'll give them a 3.5 (out of 5). I used a cookbook I got over 10 years ago for Christmas and it brought back some good, sweet, and "home sweet home" memories and warm feelings!


 Next I made snickerdoodles - my favorite cookie to make as a child. However, they didn't look very appetizing!! After making the pnb cookies, I didn't want to add any additional flour to this rather sticky/soupy batter...maybe I should've! Oh well! I'll make note of this on this recipe. It was a new cook book that I received as a wedding gift. But, I will give them a 5 for flavor! Wow - they are YUMMY!!!

   
Third, I made my favorite Ginger Cookie recipe (from Cooking Light). This is a no fail recipe. They are always yummy and always look pretty.



 
Can't go wrong with fudge! This is my go-to recipe for taste and quickness. I get so many compliments on this 3  ingredient recipe. There are several variations to this recipe and they all sound oh.so.delicious!


 
 So I put a holiday plate together for my neighbors, minus the snickerdoodles!! I wish I had some pretty holiday plates, but I'll save myself the guilt ... at least I'm remembering the neighbors! I'm just glad I got to bake while my sweet husband watched the baby:).

1 comment: