Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins...

So I’ve been dying to make some pumpkin muffins… and make then somewhat healthy… Let’s just say the ones I just made,  I’ll give them a 3 out of 5! We all like them fine, but I wanted them to be a little more “crumb-ing”, rather than a little “bouncy”. The spice mixture was superb, though, I must say! I added raisins and shelled pecans from our backyard. Just sometimes when you substitute applesauce for the oil, the texture tends to change. I know there is a way to make them “healthy” without compromising the texture.
I’m not going to post the recipe … not until I find one that is OUTSTANDING (and I’ve spied one from my Cooking Light magazine from years past that I should’ve looked at first!). They are not bad. They’ll still get eaten over here. I’ll eat them for breakfast plain or with a little cream cheese on them with a cup of tea.
At least my little pumpkin loved them!! She ate one whole muffin with her dinner! Oscar liked them as well and, well, I’m just a little too picky to give them a 4!
Stay tuned for another PUMPKIN MUFFIN post:)
Yum!
I like pumpkin muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment